The images displayed show the `ukulele you will receive upon purchase. The Opio series instruments are built to the same specs as the koa and mango series, using asian acacia, rather than koa. While they are similar, koa is Hawaii’s native acacia, found nowhere else in the world. Different types of acacia have tonal differences and the asian acacia that the Opio are built from tends to be more dense than most koa. This gives the Opio ukulele a deeper tone, when compared against one of our koa models.
While the difference is subtle, most players with a little bit of experience will feel and hear the difference. Aside from the nuances in tone, the Opio ring with the same KoAloha voice and volume at a much more affordable price range. They are great instruments for both beginners and experienced players alike.
- All solid Acacia Body
- Spruce top models available
- Jack (Marrango) wood Neck
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- KoAloha 5-pointed Crown Headstock
- Sapele Fretboard and Fretboard Binding
- Maple Wood Fret Markers
- Straight cut Fretboard (joined at the 12th, 13th or 15th Fret depending on model)
- Sapele Bridge
- Koaloha Friction & Gear Tuners
- KoAloha’s “Musubi” Sound Hole
- Semi Gloss Finish
- “Better than the Weather” Warranty
Hard Shell KoAloha Case - $79. Call us at . Check out our other Koaloha Ukuleles HERE